Instant gifts over the Phone
- Beta site KangoGift is now providing the hookup for what might be called presentexting. The service lets gift givers send text-message (SMS) vouchers for real presents.
- KangoGift (located in Cambridge, MA) is currently only partnering with businesses in Harvard Square; though they hope to eventually roll out to other areas.
- The gift sender has his pick of a flower store, a bakery, a jewelry boutique, ice cream shop or a couple of restaurants. Suggested purchases and their prices are listed on the site.
- A gift-receiving resident of that neighborhood presents her voucher to the store or restaurant to redeem the gift.
- Convenience-minded gift givers are looking for solutions that streamline the gifting process for them and their present recipients. They want their thoughtfulness to shine without sacrificing a lot of energy.
- Easy-to-redeem, instantaneous gifts are a good way to show care and concern for friends and family who need a little love in a hurry.
- The ubiquitous mobile medium gives it the potential of really reaching the masses that too on a simplistic mode of SMS.
- Brands will most likely use this to connect with the youth audience to create instant & long-term affinity which has always been the biggest hurdle for traditional loyalty programs.